Heat Loss through the Garage Door. How Can I find it?November 6, 2017
How Can I Identify that My Garage Door Spring is Damaged or Broken?November 22, 2017
Garage Door Safety Tips
The sentence makes sense and you should. We use the garage door multiple times to enter into a garage and come out. You and your family member hit the remote to open or close the door many times in a day. That’s good but have you ever talked with your family members regarding the safety features, hazards and aware of the garage door moving parts. It can be dangerous and harm you or your family member badly if anyone does a small mistake.
It is a kind of awareness that we have built in your children. Do not stand near the stove, do not cross the road when a signal is open, keep your hands away from boiling water, do not take anything from strangers, etc. Same kind of habit you need to build in your family member to avoid big harms. Here we come up with some good points that you should discuss with your family to stay safe from the garage door.
- If you have young children in your home then they should be strictly restricted to open and close the door. Do not let them use a garage door remote as a fun toy.
- Whoever uses the garage door, there should be a clear instruction that no one should stand under the garage door while it is opening or closing. If a door fails, it could harm the person standing below the door.
- There should be a clear instruction that no one walks away from a door without confirming that garage door is properly closed or opened. Many homeowners have a habit of hitting the close button from remote and drive away without confirming. Sometimes they even forget to close the door. This shouldn’t happen.
- Do not trust the reversal system completely. It should be the last option. Not all doors are perfectly tuned with the reversal mechanism. So, never rely on it; it’s just a safety feature not more than that.
- It is same for the garage door sensors. They are not perfect, a single mistake can harm you or your loved ones.
Give a clear instruction to your children that no one should touch the moving parts; make a small distance from such parts
- The last one, inspect and maintain your door few times in a year so, you may prevent the big hazardous situation and keep your family safe.
Do you think that your garage door is not a safe for your family? Do you want to maintain your garage door? Contact us (307) 274-8026 today; our team will help to keep your door maintained in every season and provide services for 24X7.